Thursday, May 3, 2012

She's a teenager now!

In just over an hour it will have been 13 years since my water broke and I went into labor with my first child.  12 1/2 hours later, McKenna Kay was born.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I remember what I ate for dinner the night she was born, it was a chef salad.  I remember this because I recall being very hungry while in the hospital and of course they wouldn't let me eat.  Apparently they didn't realize how long a salad does not stick to a pregnant woman's tummy.  Shortly after McKenna was born I requested a Big Mac and got it.  


She had this cute little nose and these lips that were made for lipstick. She had dark hair and was so tiny.  When I held her for the first time I knew she was sent from above.  She was so beautiful, by far the most beautiful creature that I had ever seen.  




She still is if I can be honest. Just thinking about how amazing of a person she is brings tears to my eyes.  She has this laugh that is so contagious.  Like when you tell her a joke and a couple seconds later she really gets it and the laugh that she does comes from deep inside.  And she has this smile that can light up a dark day.  She's so talented in all she does.  A gifted athlete who never lets her grades fall below A's.  I'm blessed that God decided to give her to me.  I know most days I don't deserve her, but I'm sure glad that he knew she belonged to me. 


As if the day she was born wasn't special enough, what made it even more awesome was that May 4th is also my Dad's birthday.  My Dad is one hell of a man who I adore more and more every day.  A man of few words, but who would give ANYTHING for his family.  I do believe that having his first grandchild on his birthday was by far one of the coolest gifts I could have given him.  I remember him saying that day that he'd never celebrate another birthday again.  They have a special bond that I hope only continues to grow. They are both very special people!  



To my darling first born:  my birthday wish to you as you enter these rough teenage years is to always remember who you are.  Allow your personality to grow and never let anyone tell you that you can't do something.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made and you will go wherever you want to because you are determined and strong.  I will always be here to support and encourage you in all of life's ups and downs and I will forever love you with all that I am.  

Thank you for allowing me to share your life with you.  For always being here with a smile or a hug when I need it and for always, ALWAYS showing me how wonderful life is with you in it.  I love you so very much and you have blessed my life in so many beautiful ways.

Happy Birthday, McKenna Kay! 







No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo 2bafcf9b-46a3-4d16-a0de-937fa0c7edf3_zpsbpi32uws.jpg


Happily Ever After…Take 3

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved